- 3 cups of fresh Spinach
- 1 and ½ cup of French or black lentils
- 7 cups of water plus 2 teaspoon of bouillon or 7 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ¾ cup of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of red curry
- 1 teaspoon of graham Marsala ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Rinse the lentils
- In a large sauce pan and on medium heat,bring 5 cup cups of broth or water to a boil. Add the lentils. Cook until soft. Keep an eye on it. Add more water if necessary. Once cooked,add in the garlic,tomato puree, follow by everything else. Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Feel to add in quinoa, sweet potatoes to bulk it up.
This French Lentil and Spinach Soup has zero added fat except from the coconut milk if you choose to add any. It's filling, very satisfying. It's packed with fiber, protein and iron.