- 1 cup Masoor Dal (Whole)
- 8 Cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 English Cucumber , finely chopped
- 5 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , or parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 5 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- Salt , to taste
To begin making Lentil Tabbouleh Recipe- Middle Eastern Vegetarian Salad With Lentils, rinse the puny lentils or whole masoor dal in running tap water until the water turns clear.
Boil dal in a wide pan with enough water and season with salt. Keep tasting the texture of the lentil to what you want for the salad and drain it and keep it in the refrigerator to cool.
Now take a big salad bowl, add the lentils, finely chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, coriander, and mint leaves. Mix them well.
Add the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the Lentil Tabbouleh as a part of the mezze for a weeknight supper with halloumi bruschetta, hummus, yogurt, couscous salad, Vegetarian Stromboli and sandwich with arugula, or as a refreshing salad for lunch.
Makes for 2 servings